With an experienced leadership team and a proven business model that sets up our franchisees for success, Del Taco is poised to combine your passion and expertise with a brand on the move. We are expanding rapidly across the country, with exclusive development territories available throughout the U.S. for qualified candidates.
- Markets immediately available for development
- Del Taco currently operates in these states and is seeking additional growth
- Currently not available for development
- Sold out
Del Taco offers exclusive franchise development territories throughout the United States.
We are NOT taking applications for Southern California or for International Development.
MARKET-SPECIFIC GROWTH INCENTIVE PROGRAM
INCENTIVE PROGRAMS OFFERING REDUCED FEES ARE AVAILABLE
Due to the strong demand from new and existing franchisees to expand with Del Taco beyond current markets, Del Taco offers an enhanced franchise growth incentive program, geared specifically toward multi-unit operators looking to expand their portfolio with a winning brand. The program applies to eligible franchisees who commit to opening a minimum of five Del Taco restaurants in a new market within a specified time frame. Designed to attract franchisees with an appetite for multi-unit expansion, the incentives include discounted initial franchise fees and offers reduced royalties for up to three years, driving unit level profitability early on in the initial entrance phase of development in a new market. Contact us to learn more.
Market & Demographic Criteria
From high school seniors to senior citizens, Del Taco has broad appeal in communities with these characteristics:
- POPULATION: 35,000+ residential population with 10,000+ daytime population in primary trade area
- MEDIAN HOUSEHOLD INCOME: $40,000 – $100,000
- AGE GROUPS: Prefer areas with higher concentrations of 18 – 49 year olds
- ETHNICITY: Menu appeals to broad consumer audience
- TRAFFIC: Minimum 25,000+ cars per day at intersection
Real Estate & Development Support
Our in-house real estate, construction, and design teams provide franchisees with the support and services they need to open new restaurants; from market analysis and site selection to vendor contacts and construction plans.
The Del Taco prototype restaurant features a contemporary and colorful interior and exterior design with visual cues highlighting Del Taco's commitment to freshness and quality throughout the restaurant. Whether you’re looking to build free-standing, conversion, or end-cap locations, our flexible restaurant footprint allows you to gain access to virtually any real estate opportunity.
- STANDARD PROTOTYPE 4.5 FREE-STANDING BUILDING WITH DRIVE-THRU: 2,420 sq. ft. plus patio (64 seats)
- ONE-OFF PROTOTYPE 5.1 FREE-STANDING WITH DRIVE-THRU: 2,000 sq. ft. plus patio (50 seats)
- CONVERSION OF EXISTING BUILDING (PREFERABLY A FORMER RESTAURANT) WITH DRIVE-THRU: 1,500 – 3,200 sq. ft. (Size may vary but should hold approximately 25 – 50 seats)
- PARKING: 25 – 30 spaces (or reciprocal/shared parking); 1 spot per 100 sq. ft. of building
- DRIVE-THRU STACK: Minimum 8 car stack
- Lot: Average 25,000 sq. ft.